Digital Education Officer
31st January 2023
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Term: Permanent subject to probation
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience €35k to €45k
Holidays: 22 days with 1 additional day for every 5 years of service. Additional 2 company days holiday (Good Friday and Christmas Eve) and Christmas days between Christmas and New Year’s not taken from Annual leave. Time off in lieu for work outside normal working hours and 6 weeks sick leave allowance.
Department: Further Education and Training Management
Starting Date: Subject to notice and availability of successful candidate
Location: Primary workplace is IDS offices in Dublin 7, hybrid remote work subject to discussion.
Application Deadline: Friday 10th February 2023
Interview: Friday 17th February and Monday 20th February.
Overview of the Job
The Irish Deaf Society seeks to achieve and promote the equality and human rights of Deaf people in Ireland. We campaign for full access to citizenship and society. The Irish Deaf Society is Ireland’s only Deaf led national representative organisation. We are members of the World Federation of the Deaf and the European Union of the Deaf. See more information about IDS on www.deaf.ie.
We are hiring a Digital Education Officer. The successful candidate for this role will maintain and continue to develop our Brightspace Learning Management System (LMS). The successful candidate will work in the Deaf community with an appreciation and respect for Deaf culture and Irish Sign Language.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work with staff, trainers and learners to develop digital learning resources on Brightspace LMS.
- Responsible for designing, testing and implementing highly accessible digital learning solutions, ensuring they are up to date and relevant.
- To work with our team to maintain quality assurance processes
- Support the promotion of online and blended courses and training
- Manage the creation of a wide range of e-learning and animation resources
Personal Specification (Knowledge, Experience and Skill Set Required)
- In-depth knowledge of Learning Management Systems, experience with Brightspace will be an advantage.
- Experience training teaching staff and learners in use of the LMS
- Experience of digital media production including animation, editing video and audio content will be an advantage.
- Skilled in careful planning, scheduling and coordination of complex tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Experience and Qualifications
Degree level qualification in the field of ICT or Learning and Development related discipline or the equivalent skill level from employment history. Experience in designing, testing and implementing digital learning solutions.
Submitting your Cover letter and CV
Please send a cover letter (save as either word or PFD documents) explaining why you are suitable for the role with your CV by email to email@example.com by the end of the day on Friday 10th February, please make sure to add “Digital Education Officer” in the subject field of your email.
Interviews will be on Friday 17th and Monday 20th February. If you are unable to attend for interview on this date, please state so clearly in your email so that we can organise an alternative date.
You can find out more about the Irish Deaf Society at: