Sharing the Journey
Sharing the Journey is an independent parent-to- parent association established following in-depth consultation and research. Its members are all parents of Deaf/hard of hearing children.
Sharing the Journey’s Aims;
- Provide parent-to-parent support for all parents and guardians of d/Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (DHOH) children.
- Promote mutual respect for all parents and guardians of DHOH children irrespective of communication, education and technological decisions they have made or will make for their children.
- Provide access to the most up-to-date research information on all issues relating to DHOH children.
- Raise awareness of the educational and communication needs of DHOH children.
- Provide educational, recreational and social activities for DHOH children and their families.
- Liaise with all organisations and associations working with DHOH children.
- Be a representative and advocacy body for parents of DHOH children.
What services do they offer?
Sharing The Journey offers you advice on early intervention. It also gives you the opportunities to meet other parents of DHOH children, and provides support and insight that only another parent can. They will also introduce you to other DHOH adults who are willing to answer your questions and give you practical suggestions for communication at home.