The Irish Deaf Society Christmas Giving Campaign
We are such a small charity doing life-changing work and every Christmas Card sold, Raffle Ticket entered and donation made, makes a huge difference. Our work over the last 18 months has helped to ensure Deaf people have critical health information during the pandemic and access to adult education as we continue our campaign for equality and rights. You can play your part by choosing one of the support options below.
We would like you to join IDS as a member? Why? You might have a question – what does IDS do for me?
- IDS provides free education to Deaf people to help them learn, to get jobs and further their education.
- IDS fights for Deaf rights, every year we campaign and make submissions to government to improve rights and access to services for the Deaf community.
- IDS promotes Irish Sign Language, your language. We provide classes for hearing people and we campaign for more ISL access in every aspect of life.
- As a member you can vote at our AGM and help us to decide on direction for IDS
- IDS fundraise and manage Government funding to provide services to you.
- Our Advocacy service provides free supports for Deaf people to help complete forms, engage with public services and to help you solve any problems that you have!
- Some of our projects are quick! Some have long term goals and take place over years.
- Your membership makes IDS stronger!
We need your help, opinions and feedback. Please join IDS.Membership is €10 and you can join by clicking the link below.
Share this message with your friends and family in the community. Join our fight for Deaf rights and ISL today!
Please join today.
IDS Coronavirus ISL Support
Visit our support page Coronavirus ISL Support for news, ISL translations and links to resources. This section of our website will be a hub for ISL content and we are inviting other organisations to share their information with us and we will add to it.
The IDS is here with you during this difficult time.
Contact our Coronavirus support team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 086 440 1443.
IDS fundraising is seriously impacted by the Coronavirus Emergency. Support us by donating now. You can also support IDS by joining or renewing your membership on our membership page.
The Scheme to Support National Organisations is funded by the Government of Ireland through the Department of Rural and Community Development”.