31st January 2023
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience, expected range €30k to €32k
Holidays: 22 days with 1 additional day for every 5 years of service. Additional 2 company days holiday (Good Friday and Christmas Eve) and Christmas days between Christmas and New Year’s not taken from Annual leave. Time off in lieu for work outside normal working hours and 6 weeks sick leave allowance.
Starting Date: As soon as possible subject to notice and availability of successful candidate
Location: Primary workplace is IDS offices in Dublin 7, hybrid remote work subject to discussion.
Application Deadline: Friday 10th February 2023
Interview: Friday 17th February and Monday 20th February.
Overview of the Job
The Irish Deaf Society seeks to achieve and promote the equality and human rights of Deaf people in Ireland. We campaign for full access to citizenship and society through the empowerment and mobilisation of the Deaf community.
The Irish Deaf Society is Ireland’s only Deaf led national representative organisation and is recognised as a Disabled Peoples Organisation (DPO) under the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). We are members of the World Federation of the Deaf and the European Union of the Deaf.
We are hiring an Accounts Assistant to work in our Finance department reporting directly to the Financial Controller.
- Accounts Receivable – assist with customer invoicing and credit control
- Accounts Payable – assist with the processing of supplier invoices and payment runs
- Assist in the reconciliation of monthly charity shop accounts
- Bank account reconciliations including Credit Card and Petty Cash reconciliations
- Assisting with monthly payroll and HR administration
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Balance Sheet reconciliations and maintaining Fixed Asset Register
- Assist with the yearly Budgeting process and liaising with other department Managers
- Assist with the Annual Audit process
Other ad hoc duties from time to time and assisting with other departments when necessary
We are seeking a candidate with at least 2 years’ experience working as an Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant with broad experience covering AP, AR, who can demonstrate the following:
- Work independently and as a team member;
- Tact and diplomacy to deal with confidential matters;
- Manage a demanding workload with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with clear attention to detail
- Proficiency in using MS Office suite with strong Excel skills
- Experience in using Sage 50 Accounts and Thesaurus Payroll
- Participate in continuously improving systems and processes
- Work in a flexible manner and respond to changing circumstances
- Accounting Technician highly desirable and or pursuing further one of the Professional bodies accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA etc.)
Submitting your Cover letter and CV
Please send a cover letter (save as either word or PDF documents) explaining why you are suitable for the role with your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline Friday 10th February. Please make sure to add “Accounts Assistant” in the subject field of your email.
Interviews will be on Friday 17th and Monday 20th February. If you are unable to attend for interview on this date, please state so clearly in your email so that we can organise an alternative date.
You can find out more about the Irish Deaf Society at: