Media Production Coordinator
31st January 2023
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Term: Permanent contract subject to probation.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience, expected range €28,000-€32,000
Starting Date: As soon as possible subject to notice and availability of successful candidate
Location: Primary workplace is IDS offices in Dublin 7, hybrid remote work subject to discussion.
Application Deadline: Friday 10th February 2023
Interview: Friday 17th February and Monday 20th February.
Overview of the Job
IDS are hiring an ISL Media production coordinator to be part of a small production team. The successful candidate for this role will manage the production of ISL translation videos for clients in Government, public bodies and private companies. They will also manage translations and ISL video content for our internal departments: Further Education and Training Department and Advocacy Department.
The role requires good working knowledge and enthusiasm for video media production. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate practical experience leading or managing teams to deliver a complex service. Experience working in video production and/or ISL translation will be an advantage.
We are looking for someone who has a proactive approach to their work, who may have some experience in filming or media work. They need to have great organisation and communication skills, with the ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
The successful candidate will work in the Deaf community with an appreciation and respect for Deaf culture and Irish Sign Language.
This position is open to applications from candidates who wish to work hybrid office/remote in Dublin but must be available onsite for the majority of the week, particularly during production.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work with management team to ensure filming projects are managed effectively and on budgets
- Coordinate, book and manage freelance teams including camera people, presenters, monitors and editors
- Manage schedule of different projects with external and internal clients
- Manage filming studio, equipment and supplies.
- Provide accurate reports to management.
- To work with our team to maintain quality assurance
- Develop marketing and sales strategies to generating new leads and project work.
- Teamwork with our digital team in developing and implementing educational ISL resources.
Personal Specification (Knowledge, Experience and Skill Set Required)
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Fluent in Irish Sign Language.
- Experience managing and leading complex projects, excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of media production experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of script-preparations and translations an advantage.
- Experience of editing video, transcribing and voice-overs an advantage.
- Have great English written communication skills.
- Ability to use own initiative, good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work calm under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Be able to use Microsoft Office, such as spreadsheets, database, word-processing.
- Good Knowledge of media related software and processes including Adobe graphic design products, editing software, FTP tools etc.
- Have an aptitude for learning new systems and software.
Submitting your Cover letter and CV
Please send a cover letter (save as either word or PFD documents) explaining why you are suitable for the role with your CV by email to email@example.com by the end of the day on Friday 10th February 2023 please make sure to add “Media Production Coordinator” in the subject field of your email.
Interviews will be on Friday 17th and Monday 20th February. If you are unable to attend for interview on this date, please state so clearly in your email so that we can organise an alternative date.
**If you are unable to attend for interview on this date, please state so clearly in your email.
You can find out more about the Irish Deaf Society at: