English as a Second Language (QQI Level 4) Pre-Intermediate
- Learn the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to communicate at a pre-intermediate level in English, socially and in simple work-related tasks under supervision.
- Be offered a pre-intermediate course in written English, where they can pick up relevant knowledge, skill and competence to communicate at a pre-intermediate level in English.
- Learn about the culture and national holidays of Ireland
- Use pre-intermediate vocabulary, to include greetings, introductions, courtesies, personal information, numbers 1-100, time, directions, making purchases, food and drink
- Be introduced to pre-intermediate grammar
- Exchange familiar information, to include personal details such as where they live, people they know and things they have, notions of time and quantity, space and location, lifestyle preferences and responsibilities
- Be able to show a breakdown in communication, to include a signal of non-understanding, asking for repetition or slower speech, or Do you speak English?
- Read simple notices, signs and short pieces of text on familiar subjects, to include social and/or work-related information
- Interact in a pre-intermediate way in English, to include exchanges and use of basic phrases, ordering food and drink, and making familiar purchases.