This course is suitable for people who would like to improve their photography skills using their phones or cameras (Digital cameras are preferred but phones are ok). The following skills will be taught:
- List a range of features of digital cameras to include pixels, LCD screen, lens types, white balance, optical zoom, digital zoom, focus, exposure, memory, burst mode, flash type, compression, self timer, battery life, power source and accessories
- Explain menu functions of a digital camera
- Describe the key elements of effective composition
- Describe the common faults when using a digital camera
- Demonstrate how to prepare a camera for use to include cleaning, software installation, and battery check
- Operate a camera to take photographs selecting the correct ISO settings, aperture priority and shutter priority modes
- Display a range of photographs mounted correctly.