21st July 2017
Job Advertisement – Closing date: Thursday 27th July (extended)
Post: Part time Assistant Accountant (One year Contract)
Financial Accountant/Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of the Job:
We are seeking to employ an enthusiastic Accounts Payable/Assistant Accountant to join our busy finance office.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant the ideal candidate will be required to provide an effective and efficient accounts payable and accounts administrative service within the finance team.
Duties to include but not limited to:
• Assigned purchase invoices are processed and paid in an efficient and timely manner
• Reconciliation of creditor accounts on a monthly basis
• Preparation of batch payments
• Assist with month end reports
• Supplier maintenance and reviews
• Resolve queries
• Preparation of Income and Expenditure reports for 3 Charity Shops
• Data input of all accounting transactions on TAS accounting software
• Various administrative tasks assigned as required for a busy and growing finance department
Educational /Vocational Qualifications
Third-level education is desirable but not essential.
• 1 year relevant experience required with knowledge of accounting, financial systems preferably within the Accounting department
• Computer skills with good knowledge and ability to use the Microsoft package, including word processing, spreadsheets and database is crucial
• Good awareness on the Deaf community, culture and language
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Irish Sign Language would be an advantage. Training will be provided
• The ability to work independently
• Organisational skills in preparation and implementation of the multi-account system
• Flexibility in terms of working arrangements
• A confident and outgoing person
• Self-starter with own initiative, aware of responsibilities with the tight deadline and timeframe
Conditions of Job
The position will be based in the IDS office
Hours: 20 hours per week; however the person is expected to accept flexible hours and overtime work.
Holidays: Annual Leave entitlement is on a pro rata basis.
Candidates meeting the above requirements shall submit CV’s to Eddie Redmond, CEO, Irish Deaf Society, Deaf Village Ireland, Ratoath Road, Dublin 7.
Closing date: Thursday 27th July (extended)
The Irish Deaf Society is an equal opportunities employer