Join Our Team
Welcome to the Irish Deaf Society’s careers page! We’re thrilled that you’re considering joining our team. As a leading advocacy organization for the Deaf community in Ireland, we’re committed to improving the lives of Deaf people and promoting equal access to all areas of society.
We’re looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who share our vision and want to make a difference. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting out in your career, we offer a dynamic and inclusive workplace where you can grow and thrive.
At the Irish Deaf Society, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of projects and initiatives, from raising awareness about Deaf culture to advocating for policy changes that benefit the Deaf community. You’ll collaborate with a diverse team of experts, including Deaf and hearing professionals, to bring about positive change and make a real impact.
If you’re committed to making a difference and want to join a dynamic and inclusive team, we encourage you to explore our current job openings and apply today. Don’t see a current opening that matches your skills and experience? Keep checking back for upcoming job opportunities – we’re always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Thank you for your interest in the Irish Deaf Society. We look forward to hearing from you!
Education Course Administrator
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Term: Permanent subject to probation
Salary: Expected salary €30k subject to experience.
Holidays: 22 days with 1 additional day for every 5 years of service. Additional 2 company days holiday (Good Friday and Christmas Eve) and Christmas days between Christmas and New Year’s not taken from Annual leave. Time off in lieu for work outside normal working hours and 6 weeks sick leave allowance.
Department: Further Education and Training Management
Starting Date: Subject to notice and availability of successful candidate
Location: Primary workplace is IDS offices in Dublin 7, hybrid remote work subject to discussion.
Application Deadline: Monday 13th March 2023
Interview: Interviews for this role will be on Monday 20th March
Overview of the Job
The Irish Deaf Society seeks to achieve and promote the equality and human rights of Deaf people in Ireland. We campaign for full access to citizenship and society. The Irish Deaf Society is Ireland’s only Deaf led national representative organisation. We are members of the World Federation of the Deaf and the European Union of the Deaf. See more information about IDS on www.deaf.ie.
We are hiring an FET administrator. The successful candidate will work in our Education Department to provide administration support across all courses and activities. This is an exciting role with a wide variety of tasks promoting and managing our courses. Training will be provided as required for specialist tasks. The successful candidate will work in the Deaf community with an appreciation and respect for Deaf culture and Irish Sign Language.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Administrative support to tutors, teachers and students.
- Managing queries from public about Irish Sign Language classes for hearing people, timetables and bookings.
- Managing queries from organisations, agencies, companies and schools for private courses
- Prepare and distribute application forms and manage responses.
- Preparation of communications, letters and written documents.
- Work with Managers to prepare print and online content to promote services and events.
- Maintain paper and digital records and files in relation to classes and students.
- Order teaching materials, as required.
- Assist in evaluation and planning of Education services.
- Support tasks during examinations and assessments.
Personal Specification (Knowledge, Experience and Skill Set Required)
- High level of English language literacy and communication.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint and associated apps.
- Database and mailing list of all Student and Tutor applicants and interested parties.
- Attendance records of all Students, Tutors, Lecturers, Curriculum Development Committee members
- Generate reports and analysis of examination data.
- Advantage if applicant has data input on QQI/OBS online system, SOLAS online system, and Learning Management System.
Submitting your Cover letter and CV
Please send a cover letter (save as either word or PDF documents) explaining why you are suitable for the role with your CV by email to email@example.com by the end of the day on Monday 13th March 2023. Please make sure to add “FET Administrator” in the subject field of your email.
You can find out more about the Irish Deaf Society at: