Irish Deaf Society Jobs
Media Production Coordinator
Hours: Part time, 21 hours per week
Term: Fixed term contract for 12 months with possibility of extension subject to funding
Salary: €14,725 p. a.
Starting Date: ASAP or 13th September (subject to notice and availability of successful candidate)
Location: Work Remotely / IDS Studio, Deaf Village Ireland, Dublin 7
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, 1st September 2021
Interview: Tuesday 7th and Wednesday 8th September 2021
Overview of the Job
IDS are hiring a Media Production Coordinator to be part of a small production team. The successful candidate for this role will contribute and support the Further Education & Training team to develop in-house ISL resources, design ISL resources for our online courses and engage with clients for ISL translations. In addition, they will also be promoting ISL awareness to the public sector.
The role requires good working knowledge and enthusiasm for media production. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate practical experience leading or managing teams, share information and work on deadline driven projects.
We are looking for someone who has a proactive approach to their work, who may have some experience in filming or media work. They need to be committed having great organising and communication skills, with the ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
The successful candidate will work in the Deaf community with an appreciation and respect for Deaf culture and Irish Sign Language.
This position is open to applications from candidates who wish to work remotely (and onsite where required)
Main duties and responsibilities:
Work with management team to ensure filming projects are managed effectively and within budgets
Team work with our digital team in developing and implementing educational ISL resources.
Lead the production office; liaise, organise and assist filming crew and cast.
Coordinate, schedule and source equipment and supplies.
Maintaining up to date tracking documents and feed accurate reports to management.
Manage video calls, emails and other communication methods.
To gather and collate all relevant information to produce progress and supervise the delivery schedule
Communicate, maintain a working partnership with our teams, clients and potential customers.
To work with our team in maintain quality assurance as part of our commitment to QQI standards.
Develop and implement marketing strategies to generating new leads and project work.
Lead and build marketing strategies to set an overall direction to increase ISL awareness to the public sector.
Personal Specification (Knowledge, Experience and Skill Set Required)
The successful candidate will have
- Fluent in Irish Sign Language.
- Experience in project leading, managing or co-ordinating roles.
- Knowledge of media production experience an advantage.
- Experience of editing video, transcribing and voice-overs.
- Excellent administrate and organisational skills and have very good attention to detail.
- Have great English written communication skills sufficient to maintain effective relations with wide range of contacts.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence and use own judgement to problem solving.
- Ability to work calm under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Essential to be able to prepare, coordinate and specific plans, also monitor resources and budgets.
- Be able to use Microsoft Office, such as spreadsheets, database, word-processing.
- Good Knowledge of media related software and processes including Adobe graphic design products, editing software, FTP tools etc.
- Have an aptitude for learning new systems and software.
Submitting your Cover letter and CV
Please send a cover letter (save as either word or PFD documents) explaining why you are suitable for the role with your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on Wednesday 1st September 2021 please make sure to add “Media Production Coordinator” in the subject field of your email.
Interviews will be on Tuesday 7th and Wednesday 8th September
If you are unable to attend for interview on this date, please state so clearly in your email.